Prepare for your Dream Career with MBAtrek
- Get the Right Job matching with your background and Career Aspiration
- Dedicated One-to-one Mentorship to help you with your career goal
- Dedicated Industry Expert Discussion for Career Awareness and Fitment
- Develop Interview Skills and deliver Industry and Company Insights
- Cognitive, Behavioral and EQ Personalized Profile
- Weekly Discussions valid for 3 months
Most young professionals and recent graduates are very eager to answer the question "How to be successful in my career" without understanding what a career actually means and how does one selects a career.
The Off-Campus program from MBAtrek actually focuses on building the foundation and having the right career options to choose from during your pre-final year and final year of under-graduation or graduation. Regardless of whether you are doing an MBA, BBA, BTech, BE, BCom, MCom, etc., it is important that you follow a structured and systematic process to selecting your career.
We have created a unique funnel approach which we utilize in the Off-Campus program. Let's get into the details of the funnel:
1. Behavioral Analyses and Self Awareness: We conduct detailed behavioral analysis to understand key personality triggers. Key areas that we consider:
• Team Player tendencies
• Stress Management abilities
• Emotional Stability
• Passion for work
• Responsibility / Accountability levels
• Self Starter abilities
• Open to Learning
2. Cognitive Assessments: Most students and young professionals are fairly familiar with cognitive assessments often offered in the form of IQ tests. More often than not, most people make the mistake of focusing on the overall score from a cognitive or IQ assessment. The key is to actually focus on which segment of the assessment, did you demonstrate higher scores to be used as a proxy for capability:
• Numerical Ability
• Data Analysis
• Abstract Reasoning
• Attention to Details
• Critical Thinking
• Reasoning Ability
• Verbal Ability
The different abilities and the competency across them will give one a strong sense of what kind of industries, companies, work environments, and job roles that you would succeed in.
3. Industry Sectors: Armed with your personal information and data, now it's time to go deep into industry sectors that you would like to work in. You need to get deep into what different industries stand for and whether you see yourself working therefore for at least 3 to 5 years for a start. You also need to conduct detailed Industry Analyses to better understand what drives the latest movements in these sectors. Some key questions to ask yourself while selecting industry sectors of your choice:
• Do I prefer to work in industries that are serving large institutional customers or individual retail customers?
• Would I work in a well-settled and mature industry sector or sunshine the sector which needs another 10 to 15 years to mature?
• Would I work in industries that are more product based or service based?
4. Type of Companies: Now that you have settled on the industry that you want to work for. Let's delve deeper into the type of companies where you can mark a strong start to your career. There are different types of companies that you would like to consider as a part of your selection:
• Indian based Company
• Multinational Company
• Indian based Multinational Company
• Non-profit / Not for Profit
• Startups / Early Stage Ventures
• New Age Tech Companies
• Government Companies / PSUs
• Think-tanks (NSDC, NITI Aayog, etc.)
At MBAtrek, we have gone a step further and created detailed insights and analysis on individual companies to help students, recent graduates and young professionals are better prepared and informed about companies they are joining or targeting for jobs. We will bring the best of that into the Campus2Corporate program.
5. Job Roles and Functions: We are now at the final stage of the career targeting and selection process. The job roles and functions are the specific area within the company/organization that you would like to work in. You will have to appreciate that given your educational background and previous experiences certain areas may not be easily available to break into in the early stages of your career and therefore you will have to look at other roles which act as stepping stones in your career.
How Do We Engage With You
Job Expectations De-Brief
Understanding your expectations with regards to off-campus jobs
Career and Skill Fitment
Identifying the right set of industries and companies basis your skill set
Job Search Strategy
Helping you build job search strategies and connects with hiring companies
Helping you build your Resume and LinkedIn profiles to highlight your uniqueness
GD, Mock Interview and Industry sessions to make you Placement Ready
Weekly Discussions to regulate and improve your performance
Need more details?
- 12 Hours of Dedicated Mentorship
- 2 Mock Interviews with Feedback
- 1 Industry Expert Session (30 Minutes)
- Resume, LinkedIn and Cover Letter Upgradation
- List for Start-ups and Hiring Companies
- Weekly Mentor Discussion with Feedback
Recommended Value Saver Packages
Connect with Us
Got career-related questions? Talk to our Career Advisors+91 98219 48334
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Expert-written articles and everything else you need to choose the right career, delivered weekly to your inbox.